What Does A Good Leader Do In Tough Times?September 3, 2020
Who Doesn’t Miss These Great Vacations?September 3, 2020
How do you gain your customer’s attention during a pandemic?
Many restaurants today are struggling to get customers. Let me share a few statistics with you from a Toast article posted 8/6/2020.
- 49% Recommendations are from friends & family
- 35% Online reviews
- 35% Your website
- 27% Facebook
- 27% Restaurant social media
- 24% Apps DoorDash/Grubhub
How do you influence your customer’s decision-making process when it’s easier and safer to stay home?
- Customize your menu for dine in or to go
- Keep prices comparable to competitors
- Offer customer’s different options on how to order – delivery, dine in, to go, curbside
- Give great customer experiences
- Offer incentives to return – gift card, loyalty program etc.
What concerns do customer’s have about dining out during this time?
- 52% cleanliness of tables, surfaces, & menus
- 48% Food safety and handling
- 45% Staff wearing masks and PPE
- 44% Staff health
- 42% Kitchen cleanliness
- 36% Occupancy numbers
- 30% Contact with staff
What’s most important to your customer’s if they return to dine in?
- 64% Seeing staff taking safety precautions
- 49% Hand sanitizer on table
- 40% Single-use menus
- 38% Contactless payment
- 37% Single-use utensils
- 37% Cleaning procedures posted
- 33% Order at table capabilities
When customer’s feel safe they will be more focused on your great food and experience. The goal here is to get them to want to return and refer.
The Hart Experience can give you a customer’s perspective on what they see when they visit your restaurant either for dine in, to go or curbside. We can be your eyes when you are away. We will work with you to make sure your staff are following the CDC Guidelines. Contact Debbie@thehartexperience.com 602.717.3271 for your COMPLIMENTARY first restaurant assessment. www.thehartexperience.com