Here are the top 5 reasons why the Smith family has NOT returned…
- They didn’t receive a WOW experience to encourage them to return? When I say WOW I mean above and beyond the service they can get anywhere. Why should they come back when another establishment goes above and beyond to welcome them back?
- The food service was slow. Their children got bored and by the time the food arrived the whole family is ready to go home. DO you think they want to come back? Probably not.
- Perhaps your server lacked soft skills? What happened to smile and showing enthusiasm for their job and earning their tip? Maybe a friendly conversation on how their day was, throwing in some humor or having a little fun with the kids would go a long way.
- Did the appetizer and/or salads come out before the entrees? This would give the parents a way to satisfy the children during the wait. If the family didn’t order an appetizer… suggest one to tide the kids over till dinner arrived or maybe serve the kids first? Kids eat slowly so that way they would be done at the same time as the adults.
- Did a manager visit the table to see how the food and service was? When a manager is on the floor, it shows appreciation for their customers, adds another resource for any problems and allows for more rapid resolution, resulting in less comped food.
If you as an owner want to know what your customers are saying about their experiences when you aren’t in the building, hire a professional mystery shopper to give you a fresh perspective on customer experiences. The Hart Experience will educate you on where you need improvement and help you train your staff to give quality customer experiences. We provide quality hospitality shoppers and customized shopper reports.
Contact Debbie Hart 602.717.3271, Debbie@thehartexperience.com www.thehartexperience.com